Figures, data and information concerning the EEG
In accordance with the Renewable Energy Sources Act (EEG), the Bundesnetzagentur monitors the nationwide equalisation scheme process for financially supported renewable electricity among the transmission system operators (TSOs) and distribution system operators (DSOs) on the one side, and the electricity suppliers on the other.
The "EEG in numbers" 2019
On an annual basis, the TSOs (by 31 July), electricity suppliers and DSOs (by 31 May) provide the Bundesnetzagentur with selected data from their year-end EEG accounts, thus enabling the Bundesnetzagentur to fulfil its task as monitor.
Based on the information provided by TSOs, DSOs and suppliers on an annual basis as well as based on the data retrieved from the official registries on PV installations and RES installations, the following main aspects of renewable deployment in Germany is being covered by the publication "EEG in numbers":
- Installed (new and existing) RES capacity (in number of installations & in MW)
- Volume of RES electricity produced and fed into the network
- Issued payments by RES technologies
- Electricity volume subject to RES surcharge payments
Beyond above mentioned data, the publication “EEG in numbers” is also providing information about the following aspects of RES:
- Volume of curtailed RES based electricity (§ 14 EEG)
- Compensation payments (§ 15 EEG)
- Results of tendering procedures by RES technology