Network and system security
The network operators are, by law, authorised and obliged to take certain measures to maintain the security and reliability of the electricity supply system.
- Current reports on network and system security-measures
- Data for the year 2020
- Data for 2015-2019
- Previous reports
There are various measures:
- Redispatching: Reducing and increasing electricity feed-in from power plants according to a contractual arrangement with a network operator or with a statutory obligation towards the network operator with reimbursement of costs
- Reserve power plants: Deployment of reserve power plant capacity to compensate for a deficit of redispatch capacity according to a contractual arrangement with costs being reimbursed
- Feed-in management: Curtailment of energy fed into the grid from renewable sources and combined heat and power plants at the network operator's request with reimbursement of costs.
- Adjustment measures: Adjustments of feed-in and/or offtake of electricity at the network operator's request without compensation for costs if the other measures are insufficient.
The network operators are obliged, without undue delay, to inform the regulatory authority of the reasons for the adjustments and measures that were implemented.
Current reports on network and system security-measuresZahlen zu Netz- und Systemsicherheitsmaßnahmen - 1. Quartal 2020 (pdf / 450 KB) (German only)
Tabellendokument Quartalsbericht 1/2020 (xlsx / 3 MB)
Tageswerte 1. Quartal 2020 (xlsx / 14 KB)
Because there is a delay between the notification and the actual balancing of the measures, data submitted to the Bundesnetzagentur is updated on a regular basis. This is the reason why adjustments might also be made to data from a quarter that had already been evaluated.
Data for the year 2020
Data for 2015-2019
Summary of the measures (in GWh) for Redispatch, Reserve power plants and Feed-in management